Fire in a barbecue pit got out of control at the Woodshed on West 7th Street Saturday, though the damage done was limited.
Hopkinsville fire-fighters responded to the report of a fire about a quarter til 9 Saturday morning and found a cook who said the walls and ceiling had caught fire while he was cooking.
The report says a buildup of carbon, fat and grease inside the building caused the blaze to spread. It didn’t take long for crews to get the fire out, and all fire-fighters were gone by just after 9:30.
About a thousand dollars worth of damage was done to the building and no one was injured in the incident.