|Family pet rescued from burning Hopkinsville home|
Fire did significant damage to a Maplewood St. home this afternoon, but a family pet was rescued.
Hopkinsville Fire Department Deputy Chief Eric Bleidt says crews responded to 1022 Maplewood around 1pm and found one room on fire.
He says it appeared a space heater was responsible for the blaze, which caused smoke damage throughout the residence. Fire-fighters were able to contain the actual flames to the one room.
No one was home when crews arrived, and Bleidt says fire-fighters rescued a dog that was locked inside the burning home. He says the pet appeared to be doing fine.