The Elkton teen injured while allegedly attempting to make a homemade bomb Saturday night has been released from the hospital.
Officials at Vanderbilt University Medical Center say the 14-year old boy was treated and released over the weekend. Elkton Police say the juvenile and a group of friends were attempting to make a bomb with a gas can and firecracker and his hands ignited when he lit the fuse in the gas can's spout.
The gas can also ignited and it was found empty, along with the firecracker, an empty soda bottle smelling of gas and a cigarette lighter near the East Main Street residence where the incident happened. He was taken to the Todd County Emergency Services building and flown from there to Vandy.
No homes were damaged in the explosion and Elkton Police have not pressed any charges.