Two people went to the hospital after a house fire on Tonya Way early Thursday morning.
The Hopkinsville Fire Department report says six trucks and 13 fire-fighters responded to 110 Tonya just after 2:30 to the call of a home on fire and people possibly trapped inside. The residents had escaped by the time crews arrived and moderate smoke was showing.
An unattended skillet was determined to be the cause of the fire, which did a $90,000 worth of damage to the structure and contents. One of the residents is listed as Jean Poynter of Hopkinsville. Two people in the home were taken to Jennie Stuart Medical Center to be checked out.