A Hopkinsville nursing home was briefly evacuated after a dryer fire early Wednesday morning.
The Hopkinsville Fire Department responded to Christian County Manor on Richard Street just before 2 a.m. and quickly doused the smoldering laundry in a large dryer. The building was quickly and safely evacuated and residents were soon allowed to go back in.
Inspector Cecelia Cloos says the State Fire Marshall's Office was contacted to follow up on the incident, as is required by law. No one was injured and no significant damage was done.