A Pembroke residence was completely destroyed by fire Friday evening.
Fire-fighters from Pembroke, Fairview and Oak Grove responded to the blaze at 309 East Nashville Street around 5:15. Pembroke Police Chief William Sparks was the first responder on the scene and said he immediately saw flames coming from the home.
Christian County Sheriff Livy Leavell said the home belonged to Mary Higgins, who lives in a nearby nursing home. Her son, Freddie Higgins, still resides at the house but was reportedly not home when the fire began.
There was no immediate word on what might have caused the fire and no one was injured. The street was closed to traffic for much of the evening while fire-fighters attempted to get the blaze under control.