The apartment building fire on West 19th Street Saturday evening apparently began inside a wall.
The report from the Hopkinsville Fire Department says the blaze started around 10 minutes after 6 at 105 West 19th, which is near the Bethel Street intersection.
Crews had to cut into the wall from the inside and outside to get to the blaze that apparently began with electrical wiring.
The fire did 10-thousand dollars worth of damage to the structure and a thousand dollars worth to contents. The structure belongs to Sandifer Property Management of Hopkinsville.