Two volunteer fire departments responded to a business fully engulfed in flames Thursday evening.
The call went out around 6:50 of a fire at Burkhead and Scott Inc. at 2497 Greenville Road. Christian County Emergency Management Director Randy Graham says the employees of the solid waste business had just left for the day when the call of fire came out shortly after.
Graham said no one was injured and that two explosions initially reported by fire-fighters were likely tires burning inside the building. The blaze was contained to the structure, with several trailers and other equipment on the property going unharmed.
Smoke could be seen billowing into the sky from the blaze through much of Christian County, with Graham saying it's too early to say what may have caused the fire.
Photos provided by Courtney Clark