A kitchen fire at an East 7th St. home yesterday did damage, but was put out quickly by the Hopkinsville Fire Department.
The first call went out for a fire at 1527 E. 7th around 1:03pm and fire-fighters had the blaze out by 1:14. The fire began on the kitchen stove and spread to the cabinets and through a vent in the ceiling, according to the report, which says the heat melted a supply pipe to a water heater causing the water to pour onto the floor.
An estimated $5,000 worth of damage was done to the home belonging to Cherie Person and $1,000 worth done to the contents.
No one was injured in the incident.