The Christian County Sheriff’s Office and State Fire Marshal’s Office are investigating two fires at the same address last night and early this morning.
The first fire destroyed a two-story house under construction at 9029 Shiloh Church Road belonging to John Williams of that address. Williams told police he heard his dog barking outside and looked around, but didn’t see anything unusual. He said that while he was in the shower he heard an explosion.
When he looked outside, he saw his under construction house on fire. Williams said his children heard someone talking outside just before the blaze. He had been working on building the house for six years and there was not yet any electrical wiring installed. The structure was valued at $72,000 and Williams said he had no insurance on the house.
The Lacy Volunteer Fire Department and Sheriff’s Office were called back to the property just before 6:30, when an out building filled with antiques was also set on fire.
Williams had been asleep on the couch when he awoke to find that building on fire around 6:23am. No suspects are listed on the report.