Two people were able to escape a fire at a Hopkinsville apartment early this morning, though their cat is believed to have perished.
Hopkinsville fire-fighters were called to the Slate Run Apartments near Hopkinsville Community College around 4:30 this morning to the report of a fire in apartment “J.”
Interviewed this morning by WHOP News in the pouring rain, Fire-fighter/EMT Kevin Quarles said the apartment was a complete loss.
Fire-fighter Quarles would go on to say the two people had been inside, but escaped through a window and the cat had not been located yet. The exact cause of the blaze has yet to be determined.